One of the most important advantages that make the laboratories want LIS is to interface their laboratory instruments with LIS.
IM is compliant with all types of analyzer interface protocols. Moreover it also allows you to define different reference values for the same test if this test runs on different instruments each one of them supplied by different manufacturer and has different reagent.
Protect your investment by adding flexibility and providing new functionality to your existing system. Online Worksheet will also reduce the cost of new QLAB LIS development by freeing the new system from the complex data handling and instrument interfacing routines.
We strongly believe in saving your overall investment in software, training and data automation.
We offer maintenance and support programs to ensure that your system will always be up to date with leading edge laboratory software and data automation technology.
Used by most of cell counter instruments in which the data transition goes in one direction from the instrument to the LIS, in this protocol the lab technician has to enter the sample ID manually on the instrument then the instrument sends the result to LIS.
In bidirectional transmission, information is transmitted from the QLAB LIS to the analyzer, and from the analyzer to the QLAB LIS.
The two systems communicate with each other using a software handshake.
Permission to send information is requested, permission is granted, and receipt of information is acknowledged (ACK – NAK protocol).
Instrument Integration System Benefits
The Online WorkSheet is an essential add-on tool to any LIS system and will increase the QLAB LIS value through enhanced functionality and flexibility.
- Simplifies the QLAB LIS data model and structure by delivering only clean and formatted data
- Centralizes all QA/QC at the technique/method level
- Standardizes a diversified company by providing a common system at the techniques level
- Dramatically reduces QLAB LIS implementation costs
- Reduces training time by focusing on user expertise
- Increases acceptability by staff because they can design and configure method-specific worksheet
- Reduces pressure on IT personnel
- Extremely fast data access and queries
- Very low maintenance cost
- Rapid payback by decreasing operation expenses
- Eliminates manual data entry and calculation errors
- Increases laboratory revenue, high data throughput
- Increases manufacturing revenue by delivering data faster
- Provides Regulatory Compliances guidelines via an electronic system
- Data analysis and management tools for the QC officer
- Data validation against an integrated QA/QC system
- Reduces service & maintenance cost; of the shelf product
Bar Code Host query
which is the most efficient way of running an analyzer since it allows random access on the primary tube sample with the concept of positive sample ID, the analyzer asks IM Instrument Manager what to do on each specimen, runs the tests and when they done it sends the results back to LIS.
Specific hematology, chemistry and special chemistry instruments all use this protocol.